Upcoming Talks, Lectures, and Conference Appearances
- October 16: Panel on the disability special issue of African American Review at Princeton University
- October 17: “Disability and the American Girl Brand” Lecture at Vassar College
- October 20 and 21: “Disability and the American Girl Brand” Keynote at University of Michigan LangRhet Conference
- October 26 and 27: Visit to Oxford, Ohio for Miami University’s 18 of the Last 9 Young Alumni honoree events
- November 11: “Critical Disability Pedagogy” Roundtable at the American Studies Association Conference in Chicago, IL
- November 18: “Blackness and Disability: New Conversations in Intersectionality” Roundtable at the National Women’s Studies Association Conference in Baltimore, MD
…stay tuned for more!
Media from Previous Events
- March 2015: “More than a Metaphor: Disability in Black Women’s Speculative Fiction” at Ohio State University. View video here.
- June 2017: Octavia E. Butler Studies Conference. View Storify of the entire event or listen to audio of Dr. Schalk’s talk “Experience, Research, and Writing: Octavia E. Butler as Author of Disability Literature”
Want to invite Dr. Schalk for a talk or lecture? Contact her here